TEACHING US for a MOMENT
Texas Educational Seismic Project is excited and eager to attend Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit in Austin TX, Dec 7, 2018. STEM Professionals or educators are encouraged to participate and network. We humbly thank the event sponsors for supporting our attendance!
Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit
Friday, December 7, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Engineering Education & Research Center
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Join the Texas Girls Collaborative Project for our 2nd Annual Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit designed to share best practices, connect organizations and individuals, and showcase outstanding efforts to increase the number of girls in STEM and support the retention of women in STEM careers. STEM professionals and all who are engaged in education, outreach, recruitment, and/or retention of women and girls in STEM are invited to join in.
This event is hosted during Computer Science Education Week (CSEdWeek), held in recognition of the birthday of computing pioneer Admiral Grace Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906), and is one of the many events or programs joining in the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem’s CSEdWeek amplification.
Thanks to the corporate partners for supporting the Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit.
- Summit Lead Sponsor: Emerson
- Session Track Sponsor: Thrivent Financial
- Summit Supporter: Cirrus Logic
- Cost is $75 and includes parking validation, breakfast and lunch. Accepted presenters will receive a discounted registration rate. Register online by Wednesday, December 5.
- Presenters will be offered a $30 discounted registration fee.
- Limited registration scholarships are available. Inquire via email.
- Please also note that this is not an event designed for minors. Any minor presenting or in attendance must be chaperoned by a participating adult at all times.
- Who else is registered? Check out the list of organizations represented by registered participants.
Corporate Partnerships: Contact Tricia Berry at email@example.com for information on how to support the Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit or check out the sponsorship opportunities overview.
Social Media: Find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @TXGCP. We’ll use hashtag #TXGCPSummit for the event.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Check-in, Networking, Breakfast Tacos & Coffee
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Welcome, Stand Up for STEM Awards, Power of Mentors Panel
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Breakout Sessions 1
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions 2
- 12:20 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch, Networking, Meet Ups & Resource Sharing, Self-Guided Tours
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions 3
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions 4
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Breakout Sessions 5
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Closing Reception, Networking, Resource Sharing
Breakout session information will be shared in more detail soon. Titles of planned sessions include:
- Adult and Child Interactions to Foster Engineering in the Early Childhood Environment
- Bringing a Girls in STEM Event to Life
- Coaching early for STEM success
- Community Support: The Foundation for Leading and Learning
- Early Career programs to recruit and retain women in STEM
- Equitable Access to STEM | STEM is for Everyone
- Exploring the importance of computational & analytical skills to prepare for college readiness & STEM careers in high school
- Hands-On/Minds-On: Design Thinking in Integrated STEM
- Hearing Student Voices: What High School Girls in STEM Have to Say
- Inspiring the Next Generation of Innovators through FIRST Robotics
- Mouse: A Solution that Scales
- My STEM Career Path (Panel)
- Overview of the miniGEMS STEAM and Programming 2018 Summer Camp
- Questioning the Curriculum: Framing Your STEM Curriculum Development
- Research Experience for Teachers: Leading the Way to Implementing Engineering-based Classroom Lessons
- Solve it by Sunset: Inclusion, STEM, Entrepreneurship in a fun and exciting event
- STEM Insight – Connecting You To All Things STEM
- STEMINISTAS: Making Way for the Next Generation of Latina STEM Leaders
- The Importance of Soft Skills in a High Tech World
- When ALL Means ALL
- Young Scholars Program: A Bridge to Engineering in College
See the Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit 2017 webpage for past presentations.
Your generous financial support facilitates our #scienceeducational programs and ongoing solid earth geophysics >>> CLICK HERE!